Do you like developing games with a purpose and gamification, especially on a scalable cloud?
Do you want to be part of an innovative, friendly and ambitious R&D studio at the very cutting edge of this area of tech? PlayGen is looking for an exceptional computer sciences or related Intern to join us.
The intern role offers the opportunity to get stuck in to real R&D and for the time you spend with us you’ll be considered a full member of the team.
You will be working within a small team to develop some of our deep R&D projects on gamification and games with a purpose. There will be varied responsibilities including the following:
Design and Develop new features for one of our projects.
Develop the supporting infrastructure and in-house development processes
Your skills :
- Solid object-oriented design, programming, and debugging skills
- A strong understanding of SQL and NoSQL database design
- Experienced in the use of appropriate development tools including source code management
- Track record of producing high-quality web applications through the full product lifecycle
- Excellent technical communication, both verbal and written
- Extremely high attention to detail
About you :
We are looking for the kind of people that thrive in an R&D environment – those who love taking responsibility for their work, understanding and solving problems and can support their teammates as necessary.
- You are a highly motivated self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
- You have a ‘can do’ attitude and don’t give up at challenging tasks
- You care about code quality and design and take pride ensuring your code is stable and secure
- You know when a project is finished and are surprised on the rare occasion that someone finds a bug once you have released.
- You are eager to learn from others and to share skills with colleagues
- You want to have fun producing software for the consumer internet market where people you know will want to use the things you create
We will provide a London Living Wage as per http://www.livingwage.org.uk/employers
Apply Now! Send your CV together with any links to your work / github etc – to [email protected] or use the form below …
If you are a recruiter or represent a recruitment company follow this link.