Measure everything…it’s important
As the saying goes ‘you can’t manage what you don’t measure’. We’re here to make things better. And we know we’ve got to measure everything along the way to achieve excellence – for us, our partners and our players.
By measuring players’ capabilities we can help them improve their understanding and performance. By measuring a product’s usage or impact on behaviours and attitudes, we can help you improve its design and show return on investment.
Why are serious games or simulations good for measuring?
Serious games and simulations are cost effective, but more importantly, they provide a valuable way of measuring choices.
Personality tests, interviews, and training sessions can be prohibitively expensive – once you’ve developed a simulation there is no limit to the number of times you can use it. The fun and relaxing environment of games and simulations means that people let go of inhibitions and reveal their true motivations and instincts – it’s significantly more effective than an interview or test!
We can provide a more effective way for:
- Showing how well the player knows something
- Understanding the players emotions and attitudes
- Finding consensus on issues through collecting data from a cross section of players
- Providing a benchmark for training and development
Our technology takes measure to a new level
Any old training tool can measure what people know. Ours can also measure how they behave, what they believe and what motivates them.
We can help you measure:
- Player’s knowledge of facts, systems or procedures.
- Player’s level of skill on particular tasks.
- Player’s cognitive abilities.
- Player’s behaviour: one-off or patterns.
- Their personality traits.
- Players’ social norms and what they find acceptable.
- Attitudes and opinions of a whole cross-section of society.
Our projects measure many aspects including knowledge, behaviour and attitudes. By feeding this back to people in a user-friendly way, we can create a virtuous circle of self-awareness and self-improvement.
Our measurement capabilities can help you transform performance in many ways:
- Predicting an individuals’ fit with competencies or values needed for a role.
- Using simulations to assess and target risky behaviour.
- Providing a benchmark for training or development for personalised coaching.
- Helping users to understand and reflect on their own behaviour, driving behaviour change.
- Collecting data from a wide cross section of players to give the bigger picture on behaviours and attitudes.
- Reaching new audiences and consulting with stakeholders on a whole new scale.